Thursday, January 28, 2010

PLEASE READ THIS! BE AWARE/ YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!

Let's go to The Green Market! I used to sell my handmade wreaths there and all of their vendors either make/ farm their own food products! Let's all Go Green!
Farm Free Range Chickens..............Isn't this what it is supposed to be like?
In India, cows are revered and protected. Why can't we be more consciences of how our own cows are raised? After all you are what you eat, so if the meat was filled with all kinds of antibiotics and hormones, and we eat that meat, aren't we also consuming all those nasty things that no one tells you about, because it is bad for business? Think about it! Corporations are playing and the joke is on us.
Did anyone else catch the Oprah show yesterday? Watch Food Ink!!!! I knew this was going on but really WTF! Large corporations looking only at their bottom line are contributing to Americans heavier bottoms. They fill our food with all sorts of stuff that are unrecognizable by name, which means if your great grandma would not recognize it as food then DO NOT EAT IT!!!! I want to loose weight and have started my own little regimen, but I am so disheartened, I want to be healthy, but unless you really start making everything from scratch again, basically the rest is shit for your body!!! This is why I love Martha and for a long time she has been saying that animals had to be farm raised and grain/grass fed although I know she is big into animal rights, I thought it was only because these large corporations abuse animals we have all seen that awful footage where the cow is run over by the overzealous and cruel man driving the tractor........SIGH........... anyways it wasn't just about the way they treat the animals it is also for us. They feed these animals corn byproduct, and the animals get sick because that would not be a cow's normal diet so they pump the animals with antibiotics. But what happens when you use the same ol' antibiotics over time? The animals become immune and get sick and we eat this "sick" meat because the cost is right. It is true that meat in general is cheaper today because they also "engineer" chickens and it isn't as full as nutrients as they were in the good ol' days. I remember my grandmother telling me how they use to raise their own chickens to eat and as a kid I was like Oh God I think that is crazy, but know as an adult I realize maybe we have to go back to a simpler times, where the animals were raised in the wild eating grains and such. I think it is an abuse of an animals and an abuse of us the American people. We are not waste bins that should be given all the left over shit which is horrible for our health and our bodies. Yeah if we go back we might have to Oh my god wait for our food because it may not be right there all the time, although when you did get a chicken or red meat it may actually be what it is supposed to be! I am of French descent and I can tell you this seems like an abomination to them! I am not saying anyone is perfect but my french family go to the market a few times a week and eat fresh and healthy. Industrialized food systems are not good for us they are now 80% in charge of meat production now as opposed to 20% in the 70's! It is true and so sad. I don't know about you all but for me, I am going to be aware. I really don't eat red meat often, but I am going to start eating more Organic vegetables and when I do eat meat it will be Grass Fed Beef.............. No more corn fed sick meat!!! I like the fact that either way you can pay more for your groceries or pay the doctor later?
Alicia Silverstone wrote the book called The Kind Diet, which focuses on a more healty way of being
I am going to check this out and tell you what I find out. I was contemplating on going on Jenny Craig to loose weight, but after seeing this documentary and seeing how all our food is so processed I don't think it is right for me. I am going to find more places where the key is organic. Whole Foods is where to go, # Pay for food or pay the doctor later! Think this way and why shouldn't you have the best, especially when it goes in your body! We buy the best clothes we can and the best makeup or art supplies we can so why not the best food we can, Right? Add whole grain rice, rice milk, leafy greens,maple syrup instead of sugar! I am going to try this type of diet for a month starting in February 1. I always say that it isn't all about weight for me, it is getting back to a more healthy and the best I can be ME! Oprah is wonderful and Martha is too because they bring these topics to light! We all need to start a revolution a Food Revolution!!
This is where my mind is at now LOL I never knew that organic could look sooo good :)
BUY ORGANIC VEGETABLES THAT ARE FREE FROM CHEMICALS, YOU DON'T WANT YOUR KIDS EATING PESTICIDES, HELL, I WOULDN'T WANT MY DOGIE TO GO NEAR THESE CHEMICALS IN A FIELD............... BUT WE EAT THEM? ARE WE INSANE!!!! WE AS WOMEN DO HAVE THE POWER OF WHERE WE CHOOSE TO SHOP, LET'S PUT THESE GREEDY CORPORATE ASSHOLES OUT OF BUSINESS! LET'S ALL START TOGETHER AND EAT BEEF FREE FROM HORMONES AND CRUELTY!
I am pms-ing so forgive me, but look this yummy stuff is organic and that means whats in there is really supposed to be in there, no substitutes, I imagine it will be a bit to get used to. I think of it like if you had high blood pressure and had to get the sodium down, the taste buds need to readjust. You would still do it because of helth reasons so what is the difference?

No comments: