Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Is a Zine/ Love Yourself

Well I will tell you, a Zine, is an independent publication on whatever topic you feel passionate about. I love all things art and jewelry for instance so if I was going to create one that's what I would choose. In a world where everything under the sun was thought of or done we as artists just have to realize that all our ideas are still unique because we are all different so our experiences and perceptions will be as well. In order to create beautiful creations from the soul, you need to let go of all your preconceived notions, as I did, I will never win awards or be regarded as a Van Gogh but that's OK and hey you never know (always try to see the positives lol) Here are a few things to help you along the journey not only for art but to be truly happy in life. Ok Here we go, I will do these exercises with you so never feel like your alone. 1. Define the person that you are? Who are You? I am a wife , I am a sister, I am a daughter, I am a friend, I am a teacher, I am an artist, I am a glass bead maker, I am obsessed with beads, I love mixed media art, I fear the unknown, I make excuses, I am a free spirit, I am a procrastinator, I am lovable There you go, you get the idea 2. Love You Yes you have to, if you don't your heart will never be whole and nothing will truly come together. I call it the buy yourself pink roses factor. I often imagine a parade of smiling women with pink roses in tow declaring that they love themselves. I know that when you do little things for yourself you will want to fill others with that same joy that brings you happiness! 3. Listen to Your Inner Child Remember life is what you make it. Throw caution to the wind, just be, just do. In art and in life you have feelings and instincts, so why do we always doubt these inner revelations that are usually right. I say and do as I please and I have stopped making excuses.
Let's talk about yummy sweets again, I like to have something sweet when I make art to remind me of the sweetness in life. So when I can't be that Domestic Goddess that I am, I make myself a wonderful hot chocolate, here is a great naturally decadent favorite. You can make this and store it so that it is always on hand for when you need some sweetness or when you have some friends over .........Enjoy We are all Goddess!

No comments: