Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Upstate Serenity & Wonderful Etsy Artists

My weekend upstate was beautiful and relaxing. No TV/phones/computers! I was so happy with no distractions. I went 4 wheeling with the husband, hiked by the stream, talked about life by the waterfall, ate steaks and shrimp for dinner, you really can't get much better than that. Me and my husband have decided to fix up the house we are in right now instead of moving because besides the fact that it is hard getting a job right now but the home is close to everything and rent and bills are somewhat manageable here. We want to go ahead and get a nice economical truck where we can make trips more often upstate. We have found a Bed and Breakfast or two, that were not too expensive in the Catskills and we both would like to go there more often. My husband and I want to learn archery, we thought that would be something we both liked to do. He wants to go hunting with my dad and the boys which I think is good for him to have some stress relief, we all need our space. For Christmas, I want to get him a bow and arrow set. I also think this trip helped my self esteem too, there was some soul searching and I found what I was looking for....finally. I am going to put some more effort in my arts and crafts business and quit my weekend job and get something during the week. I thought I had found my dream job a few weeks ago and let's just say it turned out to be a nightmare!
Anyways I got my Christmas gifts early this year, I picked them out and the hubby got them for me but I can't have em till Christmas I will show ya. I love this bag so I had to get it! It is handmade and hand painted! I will have roses and sugar skulls on mine! Can you believe how great these are :) My cuff will just be darker and have more roses. Check them out, they have the most beautiful leather goods there http://www.etsy.com/shop/moxieandoliver
I also got another amazing item which is a Day of The Dead necklace, and 2 pairs of customized earrings with skulls and roses and hearts, I also got 2 pendants, one with a skull and wings the other a heart with wings, see a theme here LOL ................... I seem to be drawn to sugar skulls and roses, and winged creatures these days, one of my favorite bands of all time is Guns N Roses so after all it seems appropriate :) Anyways check out these awesome ceramic creations here, http://www.etsy.com/shop/gaea She is sooo talented just look at the beads and jewelry in her shop. She also has a color chart with all the different color washes for her fired ceramic pieces. I find what she does very interesting. I wish she taught an art class!

No comments: